Frazzle Free Fall
Week day mornings can be hectic!
Let’s have “make breakfast” one less thing you have to worry about by preparing a batch of these healthy muffins. Spread a tablespoon of natural almond or peanut butter on each muffin for added protein and deliciousness!
They also make a great mid day or after school snack.
Gluten-Free Apple & Almond Butter Muffins
adapted from ohhowsheglows.com
- 1 cup brown teff flour
- 1 & 1/3 cups almond flour (Bob’s red mill)
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Starch (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 tbsp egg replacer powder whisked with 1/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup sugar (organic raw cane sugar)
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp natural almond butter or peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 375F and line a muffin tin with liners.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg replacer and water and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
4. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (except for apple). Add the wet to dry and with an electric mixer, beat until combined. It will be like a very thick cake batter. Fold in the peeled and diced apple.
5. Using a spoon, distribute the batter evenly among the liners to make a dozen.
6. Sprinkle the streusel and bake in the oven at 375F for 27-28 minutes or until muffin slowly springs back when touched. Cool in the pan for only 5 minutes (longer and it will get soggy!) before transferring to a wire rack until completely cool. The muffins will break apart if you unwrap them before they are cooled, so be sure to cool them for at least 30 minutes. Store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Breakfast is Served!
Happy Healthy Eating!
Your Healthy Grocery Girl